If you are struggling with pain, tension, tiredness, depression,
emotional upset, insomnia or chronic illness, we can help you, the way
we have helped countless people to recover their health, happiness
and their joy of life.
Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient natural health and balancing technique dating back approximately 5,000 years in history, restoring and improving the health of people for thousands of years.
In the hands of a registered Chinese medicine practitioner, acupuncture is an effective and safe, drug-free way of balancing the energies of your body systems that restores your health naturally; and also acts as an excellent natural painkiller.
At The Haven we help both visitors and locals get their lives back on track by providing individualised, natural support for men and women with a wide range of health, pain and fertility related issues.
We can assist your body and mind to rebalance, relax and detox from the everyday stressors of life, supporting your body back to a state of wellness.
We assist women and men, who are finding it difficult to fall pregnant naturally, by assisting their bodies back to optimal health to allow conception to happen.
We provide support to those people undergoing IVF and also to those who are already pregnant and wish to incorporate a holistic approach to their health during their pregnancy. This can sit alongside the care offered to you by your obstetrician or midwifery care team.
Our expert clinician uses Chinese medicine and acupuncture techniques to help Byron Bay clients with a wide range of health and wellness goals.
Is this you?
Who Benefits From Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture At Our Clinic?
- Anybody with pain related issues, including neck and shoulder pain, knee pain, lower back pain, sciatica, ankle sprains and strains, plantar fasciitis, headaches (tension and migraines).
- People with digestive issues, IBS, GERD, haemorrhoids.
- Anyone with mental health issues such as, stress and anxiety, PTSD, mild depression and problems with sleep.
- Anybody with acute and chronic lung problems like recurrent colds and flu, bronchitis, asthma and allergies/hayfever.
- Women who have no known cause for their infertility, are presented with ovulation induction or IVF as being their only choice and wish to explore other options before taking that route.
- Men and partners of women looking to conceive, to assist both parents bodies to be healthy and optimally functioning before conception, to allow conception, to enjoy good health and to cope well with the arrival of your child.
- Women who have been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and endometriosis, especially when these appear to be preventing natural conception.
- Women who are soon to undertake IVF and wish to complement that treatment with acupuncture and Chinese medicine to improve chances of conception.
- Women who are in the midst of an IVF or frozen egg cycle, and wish to have acupuncture to support their body and assist with implantation.
- Men with below average semen analysis including low count, low motility, low volume, high abnormal morphology, agglutination or after a vasectomy.
- Women with a history of miscarriage.
- Pregnant women who need help managing the debilitating effects of morning sickness.
- Pregnant women, at all stages of their pregnancy, to achieve good health by reducing stress and anxiety, improving sleep, and reducing back pain and neck tension. Acupuncture is also a safe and effective treatment when struck down by cold and flu.
- Women at the final stages of pregnancy who wish to have treatment to help them transition towards an efficient labour.
- Women who are transitioning through the menopause and are experiencing hot flushes, poor sleep and anxiety.
Getting the best results from our health, wellness and natural fertility treatments
We see our role as practitioners who work with you towards your pain free, health, fertility and birth goals. Clients who have the most success from the natural therapy treatments at our Byron Bay clinic are those who:
- Approach our therapies with an open mind and true desire to get better
- Are committed to their treatment plan and maintain their appointments.
- Take on board and implement, where possible, any lifestyle and dietary modifications will help their body heal.
- Understand that not all health complaints can be solved with a ‘quick fix’.
Does this sound like you? Are you ready to take control of your health and try a fresh and effective approach to your health through acupuncture and Chinese medicine?